Health & Safety
Health & Safety is embedded in Lafarge’s operations
At Lafarge, we believe that “if we’re excellent in safety then we’re excellent in business”. For this
reason, Health and Safety is threaded into our daily operational performance as a critical success factor leading us to stronger results.
To reach this aspiration, we are committed to:
- Maintain a global Health and Safety Management System designed to continuously improve our performance and actively manage risk in our business
- Drive for operational discipline by instilling a mindset of safe execution and follow-up
- Identify & communicate best practices to our employees, contractors and customers
- Implement reporting standards for employees and contractors and undertake audits
- Provide quality supervision in the field to coach and mentor employees and contractors on health and safety
Throughout Canada and for LafargeHolcim globally, being the most advanced company in the building materials industry means setting new health and safety standards. Lafarge wants to do more than prevent incidents, we want to create a healthy and safe environment for our employees, contractors, and communities based on a deep rooted culture of safe behaviour.
Health and Safety is at the center of everything we do, from the daily routines in our plants to our customers’ project worksites and our actions in neighboring communities. Our aspiration is to conduct our business and build better cities with zero harm to people. We believe in visible leadership and personal accountability for Health and Safety at all levels and throughout our Organization.